Featured review: Influence of uncontrolled diabetes mellitus on periodontal tissues during orthodontic tooth movement: a systematic review of animal studies
Shariq Najeeb et al systematically analyzed and reviewed animal studies investigating the effect of Diabetes mellitus (DM) on orthodontic tooth movement (OTM).
Aims and scope
Progress in Orthodontics is a fully open access, international journal owned by the Italian Society of Orthodontics and published under the brand SpringerOpen. The Society is currently covering all publication costs so there are no article processing charges for authors.
It is a premier journal of international scope that fosters orthodontic research, including both basic research and development of innovative clinical techniques, with an emphasis on the following areas:
• Mechanisms to improve orthodontics
• Clinical studies and control animal studies
• Orthodontics and genetics, genomics
• Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) control clinical trials
• Efficacy of orthodontic appliances and animal models
• Systematic reviews and meta analyses
• Mechanisms to speed orthodontic treatment
Progress in Orthodontics will consider for publication only meritorious and original contributions. These may be:
• Original articles reporting the findings of clinical trials, clinically relevant basic scientific investigations, or novel therapeutic or diagnostic systems
• Review articles on current topics
• Articles on novel techniques and clinical tools
• Articles of contemporary interest
Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by at least two referees.
Official journal of
2016 Journal Metrics
- ISSN: 2196-1042